Pet loss Articles
Saying Goodbye To Your Pet -Martha Stewart Living Article about pet loss
A Time To Say Goodbye- City Dog Magazine about Casey and a goodbye party
My Cat’s Death Broke My Brain-Modern Loss Article
What Pets Do Before Being Euthanized-People Magazine
Helping Children Cope with the Serious Illness or Death of a Companion Animal
Custom Pet Portraits
Hannah Stephens is a watercolor illustrator who works out of the beautiful Pacific Northwest. She has a passion for painting pet portraits with an emphasis on immortalizing their likeness into an art form. Please visit her work at HannahLeeStudio.com for more details.
Pet Loss Resources to help Children Grieve
The death of a pet is often the first time a child is faced with loss. Children grief the loss of a pet differently than adults. Below is a short list of books and links we find helpful as you help the child in your life navigate the ebbs and flows of grief.
- Helping Children Cope by Moira Anderson Allen M.E.d
- When A Pet Dies by Fred Rogers
- I’ll Always Love You by Hans Wilhelm
- Dog Heaven by Cynthia Ryant
- Cat Heaven by Cynthia Ryan
- Humphrey Was Here: A dog owner’s story of love, loss and letting go by Mark Asher
- Colorado State University Argus Institute: Helping Children Deal with Pet Loss– A pdf with age stages considerations broken out.
- RainbowBridge.com Grief Support Center: Children and Pet Loss